- What data is collected?
Most of your personal data is collected from you when:
- You sign up for our services;
- You request assistance from our customer support team;
- You complete surveys, subscribe to newsletters, or request other information from us;
In order to deliver the best Services to you, we may collect the following information:
Account related information is collected when you sign up for our Services. This information may include your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card information, etc.
- How we use data
We believe in minimizing the data we collect. We will only use your data when we have been given permission to do so, when it is needed to deliver the Services that you have purchased, or for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. These usages include:
Delivering, updating, and improving the Services that we provide to you. We collect various data relating to your purchase, use, and interactions with our Services. We use this data to:
- Improve and optimize the performance of our Services
- Identify and investigate security risks, errors, problems, and needed enhancements to our Services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services
- Collect statistics about the use of our Services
- Analyze how you use our Services and which of our Services are most relevant to you
Most of the data that we collect is statistical data about how people use our Services and is not linked to any personal data.
Compliance with legal, regulatory, and law enforcement requests. We cooperate with law enforcement and government officials and private parties to comply with the law. We will, in our sole discretion, disclose any information about you to such parties as necessary to respond to claims and legal processes, to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or an individual, or to prevent or stop illegal or unethical activity.
If we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event we are required to provide your information to third parties as part of a legal process.
We will share your information as necessary to comply with ICANN or ccTLD regulations and policies when you register a domain name with us.
How we secure and retain data
We follow generally accepted standards to collect, store and protect personal data, including the use of encryption. We retain personal data for as long as it is needed to provide the Services you have requested, and thereafter for legal and business purposes. These may include retention periods:
- Mandated by legal, contractual, or similar obligations;
- For resolving, preserving, enforcing or defending our legal and contractual rights;
- Needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
How you can access, update, or delete your data
You can access, view and update your personal data by signing into your account and visiting “My Account”. If you are unable to access “My Account” for any reason, you may contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you make a request to delete your personal data, that request will be honored only to the extent where the data is no longer needed for the Services you have purchased, or when it is no longer required for our business, legal or contractual record keeping requirements.